Monday, July 13, 2009

Kids Club

Today began at 6:30 am (really haven't trained very well for this part of the job description so far during the summer). Ellie and I spent the morning together while Lucy, Lindsey, and Sean hung out with the team at the construction site. Ellie's sleep schedule is really amazing. After waking up at 6:30, she then naps again at 8 for over an hour and then again at 12 for 2 hours. Not a bad lifestyle if you ask me.
Lucy and Lindsey returned home to pick us up for a special lunch at KFC (where they call coleslaw a "salad" by the way). La Ceiba offers a wide variety of American fine dining, ranging from Pizza Hut to Applebees, basically everything besides McDonalds. Back home, we all settled in for naps --for me, it just wouldn't be traveling abroad without it. 
At 2:30, we headed out to Armenia for Kid's Club, a time for games, skits, songs, and crafts for kids of all ages in the community. It's amazing to see how quickly the kids latch onto us and how genuinely happy they are. Once again, I love practicing my Spanish with the little ones because I feel like we're more or less on the same level.
Ellie and I spent the evening together as Sean, Lindsey, and Lucy ate dinner at the Pettengills. It was definitely a first being paid for babysitting with a plate of rice, beans, tortilla, and watermelon, but I can't say I'm complaining. In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment